The care for people group and partners have put in place support systems for the festive period with built in mechanisms to scale up support if required.
Care for People partners are actively planning to support our most vulnerable over the festive period. This includes:
- Test and Protect isolation calls continuing offering any support required including CLL shopping and prescriptions (CLL staff on call out list and Red Cross Support if demand increases significantly).
- The Midlothian Food and Key Essentials Fund are currently issuing over £50,000 worth of food vouchers
- Red Cross are also operating a hardship fund for those with no recourse to public funds – Lorraine Dilworth is our local manager
- Foodbanks have delivered festive food packages
- Baxter food and festive packages being issued
- No 11 have also delivered food packages to service users
- Updated winter contact information leaflets have been issued
- Emergency social work is available evenings, weekends and public holidays
- On non-public holiday critical services are operational
Please call the following numbers for emergency support:
· 24th, 29th, 30th, 31st December – Children & Families (0131 271 3413)
· and Adult Social Work (0131 271 3900)
· 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Emergency Social Work Services (0800 731 6969)
· 24th, 29th, 30th, 31st December – Emergency Repairs (0131 663 7211)
· 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Out of Hours Emergency Repairs (0131 663 7211)
Scottish Welfare Fund:
The online application form will close over Christmas and New Year from 12 noon, Thursday 24 December – and reopen 9am, Tuesday 5 January 2021.
However, you can apply by telephone for a crisis grant on Wednesday 30 December and Thursday 31 December
call 0131 270 5600, from 10am to 3pm
If you are in crisis while the office is closed, contact Emergency Social Work Services on 0800 731 6969.